1st Annual InterKingdom Brewing Competition
Great Western War VIII - October 9, 2004
All decisions of the judges and competition organizer are final.
- The competition is open to all home brewers of the Known World
- Beers, wines, cordials or any fortified are only open to individuals 21 years of age or over.
- Sodas, sauces or any other NON-alcohol type drink is open to all ages.
- All entries must be made on a home brewing system.
- You may enter a maximum of three (3) entries per sub-class with a total maximum of nine (9) entries.
- Submit the following number of bottles per entry. Larger sizes or more bottles will be accepted.
- For wines / meads submit one (1) 750ml (wine bottle) bottle or two(2) 500ml bottles.
- For beer submit at least two (2) 12oz bottles or one (1) 22oz.
- For all others submit two (2) 12oz bottles.
- Classify your entry correctly. For list of classifications, see Class and Sub-classes.
All entries must be listed on a fully completed copy of the Entry Form. If the judges should know about special ingredients, such as specific herbs used in an herb beer, they should be specified on the Bottle Identification Form and your documentation. Provide an extra copy of your recipe for possible publication in the Right Nobles Brewer's Guild Newsletter, Vino Veritas.
- ATTACH AN IDENTIFICATION FORM TO EACH BOTTLE submitted for judging. Each bottle must have a fully completed copy of the Bottle Identification Form attached by a rubber band only. DO NOT USE GLUE OR TAPE TO ATTACH LABELS.
- Documentation is required and should include recipe and log notes. The minimum documentation is a label of your design on your bottle(s).
- DEADLINE for postmark of completed entry form or receipt of email is Friday, Sept. 10, 2004. Forms may be mailed to: House Zacharia Library 13659 Victory Blvd. #430, Van Nuys, Ca 91401 or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Email is preferred. Please do not mail bottles.
- Delivery of entries is Saturday, October 9, 2004. Entries (bottles) must be delivered and fees paid between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m., to The Right Nobles Brewer's Guild of Caid, in the A&S area.
- Entries may be picked up Sunday, October 10, 2004. Entries (bottles) may be picked up between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m., at The Right Nobles Brewer's Guild of Caid, in the A&S area.
- The Right Nobles Brewer's Guild will make reasonable attempts to only hand over any bottles (empty or otherwise) to the brewer. If the brewer cannot pick up entries, they may send a representative, who is over 21 years of age (show proof of age), and with a copy of their entry form. Any bottles not picked up will be disposed of.
- All deadlines are final and absolute. There will be no exceptions made.
- Any unsafe bottling, capping or closure conditions may cause disqualification at judge's discretion.
- Anything deemed unsafe to consume, either ingredients, conditions of bottles or brewing techniques may cause disqualification at judge's discretion.
- No home distilled beverages will be accepted.
- Any interfering with judges or judging staff may cause disqualification at judge's discretion
We are planning to announce winners and award medals at Grand Court on Saturday, October 9th.
Entry Form (PDF format)
Bottle ID Forms (PDF format)
This website is not a corporate publication of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. and does not delineate SCA policies.
Website maintained by Brian Kettering, known in the SCA as Master Donal O'Brien
Site Design Copyright © 2002-2010 by Brian Kettering
This page was last updated on February 3, 2010