3rd Annual InterKingdom Brewing Competition
Great Western War X - October 6, 2007
For more information contact,
- The competition is open to all home brewers of the Known World.
- Beers, wines, cordials or any fortified beverages are only open to individuals 21 years of age or over.
- Sodas, sauces, vinegars or any other NON-alcohol type drink are open to all ages.
- All entries must be made on a home brewing system.
- You may enter up to nine (9) entries total, with no more than three (3) entries per sub-class. For a complete list of sub-classes, please see Class and Sub-classes.
- Submit the following number of bottles per entry. Larger sizes or more bottles will be accepted.
- For wines / meads submit one (1) 750ml bottle or two (2) 500ml bottles.
- For beer submit at least two (2) 12oz bottles or one (1) 22oz bottle.
- For all others submit two (2) 12oz bottles.
- Classify your entry correctly. For list of classifications, see Class and Sub-classes. All entries must be listed on a fully completed copy of the Entry Form. If the judges should know about special ingredients, such as specific herbs used in an herb beer, they should be specified on the Bottle Identification Form and your documentation.
- ATTACH AN IDENTIFICATION FORM TO EACH BOTTLE submitted for judging. Each bottle must have a fully completed copy of the Bottle Identification Form attached by a rubber band only. DO NOT USE GLUE OR TAPE TO ATTACH ID FORMS.
- Documentation is required and should include recipe and log notes. The minimum documentation is a label of your design on your bottle(s).
- A fee of $3.00 will be due for each entry. Payment is due when bottles are delivered Saturday morning (see #9 below). Entrants will only be charged for the actual number of entries delivered. All Payments Must Be In Cash. No Checks Will Be Accepted.
- Delivery of entries is Saturday, October 6, 2007. Entries (bottles) must be delivered and fees paid between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. in the A&S area.
- Entries may be picked up Saturday, October 6, 2007. Entries (bottles) may be picked up between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m., at The Taste of Caid, in the Dining Pavilion in Merchant's Row.
- We are planning to announce winners and award medals at The Taste of Caid at 9 p.m. on Saturday. The Right Nobles Brewer's Guild will make reasonable attempts to hand over any bottles (empty or otherwise), documentation, and judging sheets to the brewer at The Taste of Caid at 9 p.m. Saturday. If the brewer cannot pick up their entries, they may send a representative, who is over 21 years of age (Photo ID with proof of age required), and their entry receipt. Any bottles and paperwork not picked up will be disposed of.
- All deadlines are final and absolute. There will be no exceptions made.
- Any unsafe bottling, capping or closure conditions may cause disqualification at judge's discretion.
- Anything deemed unsafe to consume, either ingredients, conditions of bottles or brewing techniques may cause disqualification at judge's discretion.
- No home distilled beverages will be accepted.
- Any interfering with judges or judging staff may cause disqualification at judge's discretion
All decisions of the judges and competition organizer are final.
For more information contact,
This website is not a corporate publication of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. and does not delineate SCA policies.
Website maintained by Brian Kettering, known in the SCA as Master Donal O'Brien
Site Design Copyright © 2002-2010 by Brian Kettering
This page was last updated on February 4, 2010